Monday, March 7, 2011

No more ear infections

....well, hopefully!

Poor little fella has pretty much had an ear infection since Thanksgiving. It would clear up after about a week of antibiotics, and then just return 2 or 3 days after. So we finally went and saw an ENT, and scheduled River to have tubes put in his ears. It was such a minor procedure...but still so sad to see your baby in a hospital bed.

He did SO well!! When Bret and I went back to post-op to see him he was just sitting up coloring like nothing had ever happened. Didn't even cry once. What a little sweetheart :)

Just playing while we waited...

When it was time for River to go into the operating room the anesthesiologist put him in this little wagon with a few toys and just wheeled him off. They were pretty sneaky! I was worried that he was going to be sad when he had to go off with a stranger...but this couldn't have been more perfect!

I really like his dr. He was so sweet with River, and us too! Hope this does the trick!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

How cute is that! I love that they are so tricky. I hope that will do the trick and he will start feeling better!

Shana and Kevin said...

I was so happy to hear this morning that everything went well. That was a different picture from when my kids have had surgeries. Glad they made it so fun for him.

Jodi Carter said...

:) River is such a good boy! Hopefully he starts feeling better soon!

Ivy Owens said...

The cutest little boy,ever!!! Grandma is soooo happy he finally got those tubes in.No more infections,ever,lets hope!Hugs and kisses...xoxoxo...

Dayna said...

I LOVE that little guy. What a trooper! I bet it really helped that he sees Bret in his scrubs every day so he's used to seeing them at the hospital which made it more comforting. LOL. I'm so happy he's better now!