Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Indianapolis

We just got back from a week in Indiana for a P.A. conference that Bret attends every year. Each year it's in a different city, and this year it was Indianapolis. There wasn't a whole lot to do there...but any time away is a fantastic vacation for me!! And what can I say...the food was great! We found some EXCELLENT restaurants!!




One of the days while Bret was in a meeting I took River to the Indianapolis Zoo. It was within walking distance of our hotel. He got to touch the sharks and feed the giraffes.




We took a tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. During the tour they told us about a tradition called "the kissing of the bricks". After the race the winner gets out of the car and kisses this strip of bricks. Sooo.....



Quite possibly the cutest darn thing to step food on the track :)...

The winner's podium.


Indianapolis State Museum...


Downtown


River was such a good boy on the plain.

I love this picture of him on the moving sidewalk at the airport. Such a little man! So funny!

We traveled to our hotel in style. A limo picked us up from the airport.

Yes...that's a television in our bathroom. I loved our hotel! One night when we got back to our room there was a little toy train for River to play with. They were SO nice!

I love these trips. So much fun to get away for a week. Next year....San Francisco!! Can't wait!

4 comments:

Shana and Kevin said...

Fun! Love the pictures!

Jamie and Mike said...

Oh how I love me a nice hotel! Always so fun to get away!!

Ivy Owens said...

I am so glad you had a nice trip.The pictures are great,looks like so much fun.

Denise said...

What a great trip! How fun. I am jealous.