Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'd rather be a mother...

About a month ago I was at my neighbor's house. In her family room she had a little plaque on a shelf with the most amazing quote. I've been thinking about it ever since, and thought it was worth sharing...

"Some homes try to hide the fact that children shelter there. Ours boasts of it quite openly. The signs are everywhere. For smears are on the windows, little smudges on the door. I should apologize I guess for the toys strewn on the floor. But today I sat down with my children. We played and laughed and read, and if the doorbell doesnt shine, their eyes will shine instead. For when at times, I'm forced to choose, the one job or the other, Id like to be a homemaker but I would rather be a mother."

...So beautifully said.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I need that reminder every day! Thank you Sarah!