Thursday, July 9, 2009

6 months old, and more shots.

I took River to his 6 month appointment yesterday. He got 3 more shots, and one oral vaccination. So sad. But as soon as I dressed him again he seemed to be just fine. I know it seems a bit mean, but for the sake of keeping a family journal I always take pictures of him during these visits. Plus it's pretty interesting to compare the pictures and see how he has changed each time. He now weighs 16.3 lbs and is 27 inches long. He hadn't grown quite as much as he did from 2 to 4 months. At 4 months he was in the 95th percentile for his height, now he's in the 75th percentile. Still a big boy!
(Don't worry, I gave him loves for a bit before I took this picture. This is when I sat him down to dress him)


Dressed and a bit happier...


The Dr gave me the go ahead to give him cereal and baby food! I was so excited to start it! I waited for Bret to get home so he could be there. It wasn't quite as successful as I thought it would be. It's definitely going to take some practice. (I'm sure those of you who have had babies know this already!) If anyone has any advise...please do share. I just tried the rice cereal at first, then I tried a little bit of the carrot baby food to see if he would like the sweetness of it. Nope didn't like either.



We were sitting out on the back patio and River was pretty happy at the time so I tried it again outside. It was a little better, but not much. Guess it's gonna take some time.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I take shot pictures too.... so sad yet so cute!

Melanie Hall said...

That is funny. Even though I do feel bad that he's crying. That just cracked me up!
I'd like to see more pic's. I miss him sooooooo much! Anytime you can. (hint, hint)

Jamie and Mike said...

Yep....takes time and practice. Just remember as soon as you give him fruit, he won't want the veggies! LOL!! It's so funny when they're learning to eat....love the faces they make.

Tink said...

Man, SIX MONTHS OLD? Where has the time been? Loved the shot of him crying--made me laugh!

Russ & Candace said...

Talk about Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde pictures. Just wait until he is 5 years old and you basically have to sit on him in order for him to get his booster shot. I would have paid good money to have someone taking Jaxon's picture that day! EMBARASSING!