Thursday, May 14, 2009

4 months old, and growing big.

River is getting to be such a big boy! I took him to his 4 month appointment last week, and he got more shots. He was such a trooper. Only cried when they were actually giving him his shots and quickly stopped when they were through. He now weighs 14.1 pounds (my back, however, tells me he weighs 25 pounds) and is 26 inches long! Both the Dr and the nurse asked me if I had a tall family or if my husband was tall, because they seem to think he is going to be pretty tall. He's growing and changing every day. I went through his closet and boxed up all his newborn and 0-3 months clothes. Even though I am so happy to see him grow so big, it made me a bit sad. He has reached a lot of milestones in the last 2 months. He is very vocal and jabbers all the time (as you saw in the video below :) He loves to stand, it's so cute. He's pretty good at it too! I just hold him by his hands and he does the rest on his own! Last night he was laughing when I was playing with him, it was so adorable. He is still not a big fan of tummy time. We are working on that. Bret's mom told me that Bret walked before he crawled when he was a baby, and I have a feeling River will do the same.

















My birthday happened to be on Mother's Day this year. Bret got me this jogging stroller. I love it!







4 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday, Happy Mothers Day.... WE MISS YOU!!!!!!

Tink said...

FOUR months already? Mensch! Where has the time gone? What a wonderful Mother's Day/Birthday present! Those are awesome! I didn't realize it was also your birthday. How lame that I didn't stop by sooner and wish you a happy birthday! Guess I'd better do it now! Happy Birthday!

Nicole said...

Sarah!! Your very first Mother's Day, how special. He is such a cute guy. I like the pic of him in the blue jeans. I used to have the same BOB Jogging stroller for rylee girl, we had a teal blue one. I know you will get lots of good use out of it. take care

The Christensens said...

Holy cow he is so big and has changed so much since I last saw him. We need to get together soon...maybe around the first of June when I'm back from my trip?