Thursday, March 5, 2009

First shots!!

I took River to his 2 month appointment this morning, where he had his first vaccinations!

Before we left. Poor lil' fella has no idea what's coming.....or does he? Call me crazy but the look on his face has a hint of fear.


He was not too happy about being poked 3 times! The nurse was really quick, which I was grateful for. (I was too embarrassed to look the her in the eye and let her see that I was crying too!)


Somebody feels much better when his clothes are on! PRESTO CHANGO!...


And he's spent... (fast asleep in his car seat the minute I get him in the car.)


The appointment went really well. The Dr thought everything was just how it should be. He's grown 3 inches since he was born (23 inches now!), and is weighing in at a hefty 10 lb 7 oz! AND...this is my favorite part...sleeps 6-8 hours at a time during the night!!!! I thought for sure I was going to be getting up to feed him at least every 3 hours. Nope. My boy likes his sleep (just like his momma!). He's also really starting to smile now. It's SO cute!

I can't believe he's already 2 months old! Kinda makes me a little sad sometimes. But it's so exciting to see him change, and to see him start showing his little personality. Too cute :)

8 comments:

Nikki said...

I do shot pictures every time. They are so sad yet so sweet!! We need to see you guys!!!

Tink said...

Oh man I hate it when they give shots! It just made me sweat bullets and I felt horrible when they were crying and crying. Poor little guy!

Kim said...

Good job documenting the event with pictures and a post! He's such a sweetheart.

Ivy said...

thenewfie@gmailI cryed just looking at the pictures....its a good thing i wasn't there...hugs and kisses

Carlie said...

I think I have the cutest nephew in the world :-) I HATE it when they give babies shots. So sad. I miss him. Can't wait to see you!

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh! He's so cute! He's getting bigger and older by the minute. Thank you for the pictures. He's one special kiddo~! I love him soooo much! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Jamie and Mike said...

I remember that well....it's the worst...If possible I made Mike go. Don't worry...I'm sure they're use to seeing Mom's cry...I know I did!

The Christensens said...

Who takes a picture of their baby when he's crying from his shots? You crack me up! He's so sweet...and by the way, I owe you money. We'll have to go to lunch soon so I can pay you!